facebook twitter instagram linkedin google youtube vimeo tumblr yelp rss email podcast phone blog search brokercheck brokercheck Play Pause

Client FAQs and ADV Information

Please call our office if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment.

We welcome your calls! 513.598.5120 or 877.598.5120 (toll free)

How do I make a deposit to my account? 

Please send your check to our office, made payable to: Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., and include your account number in the memo portion of the check. We will forward the check to Schwab for deposit into your account. If the deposit is an IRA Contribution, please indicate the tax year.

How can I request a check or distribution?

Call or email our Client Services Team or your Advisor to request a check or distribution. Your signed authorization may be required.

How do I establish electronic deposit/withdrawals?

A MONEYLINK can be set up between your Schwab Account and your other financial institutions. This system allows funds to be moved electronically between your bank and Schwab.

Can I setup online access to my accounts?

Of course! Visit schwaballiance.com and login to your account by entering your "Login ID" and "Password." If you are a new user, select the "New User?" link to activate your account(s). You will need to type in your social security number, account number, date of birth, and home phone number in order to setup the new online account. If you have questions or need further assistance, please contact Schwab Alliance at (800) 515-2157. Click here for step-by-step instructions.

When do I receive Schwab statements and trade confirmations?

You will receive monthly statements and confirmations for every trade, and shareholder materials either electronically or in paper format. You can elect to receive your trade confirmations via email through Schwab Alliance Online.

Can I request a copy of a statement or duplicate of statements?

We can provide duplicate copies of your monthly Schwab statements.

When will I receive my IRS Form 1099-Composite Tax Reporting?

In Mid to Late February, Schwab will send a detailed IRS Form 1099-Composite which will include cost basis and proceeds information for the previous tax year. If you are receiving distributions from an IRA, your 1099 R will be issued in early February.

How often can I plan to communicate with HCM Wealth Advisors? 

We offer a Weekly Commentary by email. We will provide announcements about changes to your portfolio, as needed. In addition, we will mail a quarterly newsletter called The Quarterly Report to all of our Clients. We welcome your calls any time you have questions about your account.

My address has changed, what do I do?

Please notify us if you have a change of address. We will send you a Change of Address Form to sign and return. This will be forwarded to Schwab and your next monthly statement should arrive at your new address.  Or you can contact Schwab directly at 800.515.2157 to notify them of the change, and you will not need to sign a form.

I would like to change my beneficiary, can I?

We will prepare a Beneficiary Designation Form to sign and return to our office. It is a good idea to review your beneficiary information periodically, particularly after major family events including: marriage, divorce, remarriage, or death of a family member.

How Do You Protect My Assets?

Your assets are held by our custodian, Charles Schwab.  This PDF discusses the measures they take to ensure your assets are secure. 

I want to know more about your advisors. Do you have additional information? Form ADV Part 2A and 2B and ADV 3 Client Relationship Summary (CRS)

Form ADV Part 2A is a narrative brochure which describes the business practices, investment strategies, and the advisory services offered. Part 2B details the education and business background of each of our Advisors. ADV 3 Client Relationship Summary is a new SEC requirement that provides a summary of our relationship with our Clients. 

Talk to an Advisor