HCM's sister tax planning company, HG CPAs LLC, is looking for one more intern (we already have one) to help with completing individual tax returns during the tax season. You would be running our clients’ tax paperwork through a special scanning program that creates a set of work papers and populates info (like w-2s) into our tax software. You’d also be preparing tax returns for individuals, manage electronic files, and you may assist with some Trust returns. We use January to train and practice with past returns, so you’re ready to go in February.
- Preparation of Individual Income Tax Returns
- Manage Electronic Files
- Manage Tax Prep Scan Program (OCR)
- Scan Prior Year Workpapers
- Accounting Projects/Excel Projects
- Tax Return Processing
- Administrative Support/Phones/Filing
- Runner to grab lunch occasionally
This is an in-office, paid position to start mid-January 2023, and go until end of tax season, April 17, 2023. Expected to work 25-30 hours per week.